Medical Director, Immuno-oncology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc., a growing and well-funded South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy is seeking a Medical Director in support of our early clinical development programs. The Medical Director will be responsible for design, implementation, monitoring, analysis, reporting of clinical trials and will provide strategic leadership for development programs.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the design, execution, analysis, interpretation and presentation of clinical and translational studies
- Participate in the development and execution of strategies for new product development and lifecycle growth, including clinical development plans, regulatory interactions and investigator interactions as applicable
- Provides medical and strategic leadership for projects spanning lead identification through clinical stages of development
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of clinical trials, including development of clinical protocols and amendments, investigator brochures, and clinical study reports
- Provides medical monitoring support, including evaluation of safety, pharmacology and efficacy of ongoing and completed studies
- Establishes and implements exploratory pharmacodynamic, diagnostic, and biomarker plans in conjunction with partners in Clinical Pharmacology and Translational Sciences
- Interacts with external thought leaders, including advisory boards, to support clinical and translational development
- Prepares literature reviews and publications as appropriate
- MD or MD/PhD with Board Certification in a relevant specialty such as oncology, immunology or internal medicine
- Background in oncology, immuno-oncology or immunology preferred
- Physician-scientist with strong understanding of translational disease biology with ability to design innovative trials based on emerging biomarkers and clinical outcome measures
- 2+ years industry clinical development experience, preferably in oncology, immuno-oncology and/or immunology. Less industry experience may be acceptable depending on prior academic and/or clinical trial experience
- Ability to communicate efficiently with preclinical, biomarker, biostatistical and scientists
- Demonstrated experience designing and executing clinical trials
- A strong track record in team leadership, development of clinical-regulatory strategies, and/or industry-academic collaborations
- Adaptability, flexibility, independence and resourcefulness to roll-up-sleeves and multi-task in order to thrive in small company environment.
- Ability to proactively identify challenges, possess strategic foresight and implement appropriate course of action
- Ability to multi-task and support more than one project simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment, cooperatively and supportive of multiple viewpoints and approaches
- Strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both written and oral with demonstrated ability to present ideas and information and data effectively via one-on-one discussions, team meetings and partnership interactions
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.