Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing South San Francisco Bay based, clinical stage immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking a talented in vivo pharmacologist to play a key role in the validation of targets and development of novel therapeutics that mobilize the immune system against cancer. This role will support our oncology efforts by collaborating with project team leaders to progress therapeutic candidates from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in small animal pharmacology, particularly in the area of mouse tumor models.
- Partner with Project Team Leads to develop strategies for in vivo studies (efficacy/ PK/ PD) to support advancement of molecules to IND and in the clinic, including combination studies
- Apply understanding of moouse models to implement in vivo studies that support translational efforts
- Design protocols and run mouse studies to support Pionyr’s pipeline
- Write and/or review a variety of documents including SOPs, technical reports, and study reports
- Mentor more junior in vivo pharmacologists
- Present scientific results at meetings, both internal and external
- PhD in immunology or related field with at least 3-5 years of hands-on in vivo pharmacology experience (preferably in oncology or immuno-oncology) in academic or industry environment
- Strong understanding of immune-oncology and preferably myeloid biology, and how mouse models translate to oncology patients
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and conduct mouse tumor studies
- Experience in developing and conducting syngeneic, xenograft, or humanized mouse tumor models including orthotopic implants
- Ability to use standard immunology techniques (MACS, FACS, ELISA) to support ex vivo analysis of cells from animal tissues is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a dynamic and flexible team environment
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experimental methods and results
- Ability to critically interpret and effectively present data
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis, including statistical analysis (e. g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Adaptability to shifting priorities and changing work assignments
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.