Senior Research Associate – Immuno-oncology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is a growing South San Francisco-based clinical stage immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated candidate for a full-time Sr. Research Associate position in our Early Discovery Biology in vitro Pharmacology group. The candidate will have an opportunity to play an integral role in advancing our early therapeutic candidates into the clinic by employing immuno-oncology, myeloid biology, cancer biology, cell and molecular biology, and immunology techniques.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo immunology-focused assays to assess the functional activity of candidate immuno-oncology therapeutics
- Interrogate the function of myeloid cell populations, particularly in the context of the tumor microenvironment
- Routinely used techniques include isolation of cells from primary human or mouse samples, leukocyte immunophenotyping by multi-parameter flow cytometry, designing functional immune cell-based assays evaluating various aspects of immune cell behavior (phagocytosis, ADCC, ADCP, cytokine production), as well as transcriptional or signaling changes
- Design and implement cell-based functional assays using cell lines, reporter cell lines, and primary cells
- Organizing and analyzing results, troubleshooting assays, communicating and presenting findings in team meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
- Troubleshooting and optimizing assays through surveying the literature, data interpretation, identification of novel or alternative procedures and techniques, and timely execution of experiments
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology or a related field, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab setting
- Ability to design, develop, and execute research activities in a timely manner
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while delivering high quality work
- Experience with aseptic cell culture techniques, including cell line growth and primary cell isolation from human or mouse tissue samples
- Experience with immunological techniques (e.g ELISA/MSD, flow cytometry) and with immune cell based functional assays
- Experience with at least 4 color flow cytometry and FlowJo software is desirable
- Gene expression (RT-PCR) and protein expression (immunoblot) analysis is desirable
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.