Senior Research Associate, In Vivo Pharmacology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a growing South San Francisco-based, clinical stage immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity, is seeking a talented in vivo pharmacologist to play a key role in the validation of targets and development of novel therapeutics that mobilize the immune system against cancer. This role will support our oncology efforts and the incumbent will collaborate with project team leaders to progress therapeutic candidates from early discovery to IND-enabling studies. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in small animal pharmacology, particularly in the area of mouse tumor models.
- Contribute to discovery and development projects for antibody therapeutics by conducting in vivo efficacy, PK, and PD studies utilizing syngeneic mouse and humanized cancer models
- Maintain cell lines using standard cell culture techniques in support of in vivo studies
- Write and/or review SOPs, technical reports, and study reports
- Maintain relevant laboratory supplies and equipment
- Present scientific results at team and staff meetings
- BS/MS in immunology or related field with at least 5 years of hands-on in vivo pharmacology experience (preferably in oncology or immuno-oncology) in academic or industry environment
- Proficiency in mouse handling and dosing (intraperitoneal, subcutaneous, intravenous, and oral gavage)
- Demonstrated ability to independently conduct mouse tumor studies
- Experience in developing and conducting syngeneic, xenograft, or humanized mouse tumor models including orthotopic implants
- Excellent aseptic cell culture technique for handling human and murine primary cells and cancer cell lines
- Use standard immunology techniques (MACS, FACS, ELISA) to support ex vivo analysis of cells from animal tissues is a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and flexible team environment
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experimental methods and results
- Ability to critically interpret and effectively present data
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software tools to support data analysis (e. g., Prism, FlowJo, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Adaptability to shifting priorities and changing work assignments
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.