Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist, Flow Cytometry/Immuno-oncology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc., a well-funded and growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated candidate for a full-time Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist position. The candidate will have an opportunity to join our energetic team, play an integral role in advancing our therapeutic candidates into the clinic, and support target discovery and translational efforts. At Pionyr Immunotherapeutics we use a combination of advanced flow cytometry, in vitro and ex vivo bioassays, as well as in vivo models to address challenging and exciting scientific questions. The successful candidate will provide research support encompassing the operation and maintenance of flow cytometers (analytical and sorters) and implementing various cancer biology, molecular biology, and immunology techniques.
- Operation and maintenance of flow cytometers (analytical and sorters) and associated equipment/reagents in a ‘core service’ environment
- Interfacing with flow cytometry vendors for the maintenance and continuous improvement of our flow cytometry capabilities including adoption of cutting-edge flow cytometry reagents and development of new flow cytometry panels
- Collaboration with project team leads and functional heads to write and implement SOPs relevant to specific biological applications
- Perform in vitro and ex vivo cell-based and RNA-focused immunological assays for the discovery of new targets and understanding the mechanism-of-action of our lead therapeutics
- Proactive troubleshooting and optimization of flow cytometry data acquisition and sorting protocols
- Bachelors or Masters in Immunology, Cancer Biology or a related field, with at least 3 years of relevant experience in flow cytometry operation (analytical and sorters) in an industry setting or ‘core service’ environment
- Extensive and up-to-date knowledge of multiple brands of flow cytometers and sorters, particularly Becton Dickinson instruments and the ThermoFisher Attune NxT analyzers
- Extensive knowledge of flow cytometry analysis software such as FlowJo
- Ability to pro-actively and independently identify and solve technical issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate in a team setting and interface with multiple teams and functional heads
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work
- Working knowledge of markers that define major immunological subsets and myeloid cell subsets
- Experience with analysis and sorting of mouse and human cell lines and primary immune cells including those from blood or tissue including clinical tumor samples
- Experience with workflow pertaining to single cell transcriptomic analysis is a plus
- Excellent organizational and experimental record keeping skills
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.