Associate Scientist, Immuno-oncology
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics is a growing South San Francisco-based clinical stage immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated candidate for a full-time Associate Scientist position in our research group. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the in vitro pharmacology team and will play a critical role in advancing our early-stage programs into the clinic by generating experimental data that inform key program decisions and enable IND preparation.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Performs hands-on research activities to support the design and implementation of immune cell-based assays to interrogate myeloid cell target biology, therapeutic mechanisms of action, and inform lead optimization. Specific techniques routinely used include cell subset isolation from primary cells, immunophenotyping, and immune functional assays, such as complex multi-parameter flow cytometry, ADCC and ADCP assays, cell signaling and reporter assays, and ELISA.
- Independently troubleshoots and optimizes assays through surveying the literature for alternative or novel approaches
- Organizes, analyzes and interprets data with minimal supervision, and presents findings in team meetings
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or a related field, with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab setting
- Strong hands-on experience in immuno-oncology assays with a focus on myeloid cells
- Ex vivo culture of primary leukocytes and development of immune cell-based assays, including phagocytosis, antigen presentation, and T cell activation
- Isolation and immunophenotyping of mouse and/or human immune cells
- Proficiency in multi-color flow cytometry and FlowJo software
- Experience with immunological (ELISA, MSD) and molecular biology (RT-PCR, Western blot) techniques and data analysis
- Strong verbal and writing skills for data documentation, study reporting, and communication of progress to team members and management
- Passion about scientific discovery and capability to critically analyze and interpret data with minimal supervision
- Good communication skills and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.