Associate Scientist – Bioanalytical Development
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics is a growing South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity. Pionyr is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated candidate for a full-time Associate Scientist/Scientist position in our Preclinical Science group. The candidate will have an opportunity to play an integral role in advancing our therapeutic candidates into the clinic and supporting target discovery efforts.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in bioanalytical method development and will be responsible for designing and performing pharmacokinetics (PK), immunogenicity (ADA) and target engagement assays for large molecule therapeutics. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our programs from target validation to IND filing to clinical development.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Develop validation-ready PK and immunogenicity assays to support preclinical and clinical studies.
- Develop and optimize biomarker and target engagement assays for preclinical studies.
- Collaborate closely with project teams to progress discovery projects.
- Document method development and prepare technical reports.
- Assist in communicating and interacting with contract research organizations (CRO)s.
- Multi-task and deliver results under defined timelines.
- Analyze data and present scientific results at appropriate meetings.
- M.S. with 5+ years of experience, or B.S. with 10 + years of experience.
- Hands-on experience in developing PK and ADA assays on Meso Scale Discovery (MSD) is essential.
- Direct experience with quantitative immunoassay protocols, reagent QC and assay development is required.
- Experience in bioanalytical method development and validation in accordance with regulatory guidelines is preferred.
- Experience with flow cytometry, GyroLab, Quanterix, tissue culture, and automated liquid handling is a plus.
- Experience with neutralizing antibody assay development for immunogenicity is a plus
- Experience in assay transfer to CROs is desired.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills as well as ability to collaboratively contribute to multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.