Associate Scientist, Translational Immuno-Oncology and IHC (Biomarkers)
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. is an immuno-oncology company based in South San Francisco focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual for a full-time Associate Scientist position who will be dedicated to developing tissue-based technologies to enable translational biomarker strategies that help drive clinical and discovery programs at Pionyr. The candidate will also help oversee and manage CRO-based projects for CAP-CLIA IHC assay development and validation. The ideal candidate will possess in-depth experience in validating immunohistochemistry (IHC) and multiplexed immunofluorescence assays, antibodies, and tissue-based transcriptomics. He/she will also have strong communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment and a commitment to excellence.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Design, develop, and execute translational immunohistochemistry (IHC) and multiplexed IHC assays to support patient stratification, pharmacodynamics, toxicology, mechanism of action studies for the therapeutic drugs, and prediction of clinical response from early discovery to first in human proof of concept
- Develop and execute tissue-based experiments, including optimization and validation of novel antibodies, in preclinical human and mouse models
- Staining tissues from various species with different methods including H&E, special stains, Immunohistochemistry (IHC), Immunofluorescence (IF), and In Situ Hybridization (ISH and FISH)
- Image, analyze, and score tissue sections, including mouse tissues and human FFPE blocks and Tissue Microarrays (TMAs)
- Oversee and manage CRO-based projects for CAP-CLIA IHC assay development and validation
- Analyzing complex IHC datasets and clinical biomarker strategies to select patients and monitor clinical response
- Develop and use quantitative image analysis methods for the evaluation of clinical and preclinical samples
- Expertise in immuno-oncology biomarkers and the tumor microenvironment is highly desired
- Performing multiplex IF staining up to 4-7 colors using human and mouse tumor tissues to understand spatial interactions within the tumor microenvironment
- Organizing and analyzing results, communicating and presenting findings in team and company meetings, and contributing to scientific publications
- Effectively collaborate in highly matrixed organization to drive advancement of early stage projects into translational and clinical development.
- Masters in Pathology, Immunology, Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, or a related field, with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience in an industrial lab setting
- Experience in routine histology work, including tissue processing, embedding, and sectioning
- Experience in staining methods, such as H&E, Immunohistochemistry, Immunofluorescence, and In Situ Hybridization
- Expertise in dual color and multiplex Immunofluorescence IHC assays
- Experience in using light and fluorescent microscopy, autostainers, high-throughput slide scanner and Vectra Perkin Elmer are highly desirable
- Experience in extracting RNA from FFPE tissues and transcriptional profiling is highly desirable
- Proficiency in using imaging software to analyze and quantify images, such as HALO, Visiopharm, or inForm software
- Ability to organize and maintain data, including quality control records
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate in a team setting including pre-clinical and clinical teams
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.