Director, Information Technology
The Director, Information Technology, reporting to Pionyr’s CFO, will work closely with key business partners to combine technology and processes into tangible business solutions. This role will be responsible for the management of Pionyr’s IT infrastructure, strategy, support and managing outsourced IT resources such as an IT help desk and IT consultants to support company projects. In addition, a significant focus of this position will also be to work with Pionyr’s Development Organization to deliver GxP applications and capabilities leveraging IT best practices, methodologies, standards, and guiding principles.
The successful incumbent will deliver IT solutions on time and on budget and be able to fully leverage and understand capabilities, scalability & performance of systems, and security of provided solutions. The person in this role will provide functional leadership within Pionyr. This position is especially critical to the success of IT given the need to integrate multiple solutions (on-premises, cloud, SaaS, and external partners) into one cohesive ecosystem to conduct business today.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Primary process owner for multiple IT Operations service areas, including, Service Desk, Onsite Support, and Infrastructure
- Partners with the QA organization and other departments as needed to deliver system validation and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Partners with business leaders to understand their needs, and works to ensure system investments are properly prioritized, scoped, delivered, and managed in support of business requirements.
- Manage the development and continuous improvement of an IT Applications Portfolio practice to include project intake, requirements gathering, solution design, system selection, implementation, systems operations, and systems retirement.
- Prepares system configuration and deployment cost estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Prepares and presents project proposals to management and business partners.
- Leads and facilitates the evaluation / recommendation of new technologies or capabilities that can be applied across the business.
- Review’s status of business system capabilities and prepares recommendations for system improvements.
- Provides architectural guidance and oversight across projects and technology platforms, ensures guiding principles and technology standards are followed.
- Works with the IT Infrastructure, Security, and external IT support vendors/consultants to ensure system life cycle documentation is up to date.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing responsibility in Operations and services areas that include delivery of Infrastructure-as-a-Service or End-User Services
- At least 5 years of experience leading a group or service dedicated to the company-wide IT Infrastructure and Services
- Broad IT management experience, with emphasis on Life Sciences-related systems delivery required.
- Experience with the use of SDLC methodologies in project delivery required.
- Understanding of SOX and GxP controls, experience in an FDA-regulated environment is required.
- An advanced degree in the Life Sciences, a PhD or PharmD, with at least 15 years’ GMP and/or
- Strong organization, planning, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to proactively identify and solve problems and continuously improve the IT Enterprise Applications and their related processes.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as thoughtful listening skills, to facilitate interaction with all levels of an organization.
- Hands-on and results-oriented with an ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Systems-savvy with experience managing a diverse applications portfolio common in Life-Sciences R&D organizations; successful systems implementation experience and knowledge required.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a growing and dynamic organization with its frequently changing needs and priorities.
- Ability to work directly with business partners and end users to generate consensus around technical directions.
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions.
- Ability to translate complex technical issues into business terms.
- Proven ability to set and drive the overall IT department agenda and operating practices.
- Strategic mindset with strong analytical foundation.
- Ability to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Hands-on and eager to contribute and grow with the company.
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.