Scientist, Biomarker Development
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics is a growing, well-funded clinical stage South San Francisco-based immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to generate anti-tumor immunity. Pionyr is seeking a PhD level scientist with a passion for biomarker discovery and assay development to utilize relevant biomarkers in evaluating target-engagement, pharmacodynamic responses, and mechanism of action. The ideal candidate will have extensive laboratory experience in the use of multiple platform technologies to develop biomarker assays. Candidates must have a PhD in a field of immunology or oncology in basic or translational research either in an academic and/or industry setting.
Responsibilities include but not limited to
- Develop cell-based assays and immunoassays to quantify target-engagement and pharmacodynamic markers of Pionyr’s therapeutic molecules.
- Develop in vitro and ex vivo assay systems that interrogate both the function of myeloid cell populations and the activity of Pionyr’s therapeutic antibodies.
- Contribute to Pionyr’s research strategy by helping to expand the approaches used to target myeloid subpopulations within the tumor microenvironment.
- Identify and implement new technologies to support biomarker development.
- Present results and data at project teams, staff meetings, and, where applicable, scientific conferences.
- A PhD with 1-3 years relevant academic/industrial experience, with strong scientific knowledge in immunology or oncology
- Demonstrated independence in experimental design, execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting
- Experience in biomarker discovery and assay development is highly desirable
- Ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in developing cell-based assays and immunoassays, and proficient in flow cytometry and MSD
- Experience in Nanostring, PCR or RNAseq technologies is a plus
- Must be self-motivated with a positive “can do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparation, organization, and synthesis of large amounts of data for presentation to internal and external audiences
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced highly matrixed environment and able to collaborate effectively with co-workers
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.