Senior IT Operations Engineer
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics, Inc., an expanding, well-funded South San Francisco-based clinical stage immuno-oncology company focused on novel approaches to cancer immunotherapy, is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior IT Operations Engineer. In this critical IT role, you will partner with the Head of Information Technology to implement and manage the IT infrastructure, operations, security, and applications systems needed to advance our drug development efforts. You will also be directly involved in the delivery of services, including addressing and resolving all IT Helpdesk issues, to ensure that all our IT systems are available and operating as intended.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Head of IT, support Pionyr’s internal infrastructure, networks, telecom and computer operations Including:
- Administration of Windows, VMware, storage, UPS, backups, restores
- integration of on-premises and cloud-based systems and
- administration of Active Directory, Azure AD, AWS, Druva, Microsoft 365, Egnyte
- Provide hands-on desktop support, infrastructure, and network administration across multiple distinct operating systems and environments
- Meet with employees in-person and virtually to analyze, troubleshoot and diagnose hardware and software issues; investigate and troubleshoot issues and communicate with users.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures coordinating and communicating with affected end users
- Install, modify and make minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems, and provide technical assistance and training to system end users
- Work towards proactive identification of problems and corresponding corrective and preventive actions, to ensure business continuity
- Drive continuous service improvement and automation from both a technical and process perspective, working cross-functionally with appropriate stakeholders
- Procure, configure, test and deploy new computers, services, storage devices, printers and other peripherals following standards and operational requirements
- Setup and maintain user access, email accounts, groups and security policies
- Recover offboarded user hardware and deprovision accounts, access, and licensing
- Create and maintain asset management for hardware and software
- Coordinate and perform hardware life-cycle management functions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional IT work experience; experience working within the regulated Life Sciences GxP environment preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on experience:
- managing in-house and cloud networks and storage and Directory and other IAM systems;
- implementing and managing backup, restore, disaster recovery and
- managing Cisco & Meraki switches and Aps
- Preferred experience actively managing vendors and projects and managing video conferencing e.g., Zoom, Teams, Microsoft 365, Proofpoint, Druva, Egnyte, Automox
- Certifications in Information Technology a plus, but not required e.g., Cisco, SonicWall, Palo Alto Networks, MCSE,
- Ability to build positive working relationships and effectively work in collaboration and in partnership with multifunctional teams
- Team player willing to roll up sleeves to get the work done with a can-do, positive attitude
How to Apply
Pionyr Immunotherapeutics Inc. offers competitive salaries, participation in company stock-incentive plans and benefits packages, in addition to a dynamic academic-driven science environment. If you would like to be part of a team-based and collaborative company developing innovative immuno-oncology therapeutics, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Pionyr Immunotherapeutics. We are an equal opportunity employer.